What is a Doula anyway?
What is a doula anyway?
A Birth Doula is a trained labor professional who provides a couple with continuous physical, informational, and emotional support before, during and after a birth. With skills to help a couple have a better birth experience, a birth doula can:
* help you have a shorter labor
* have less need for interventions
* feel more secure and cared for
* help have greater breastfeeding success
* reduce your risk for a cesarean birth.
A Postpartum Doula is an expert in normal newborn development and your New Baby Tour Guide. She helps a family get through the challenging, exhausting first few weeks of life with a new baby in the home. She has a resource list if a family needs more experienced help.
A postpartum doula can help:
* reduce the risk of postpartum depression
* have better breastfeeding success
* give greater parenting self-confidence
* provide a listening ear for your concerns
* your new baby tour guide
* an extra set of hands as you learn how to care for you and your new baby
Serving The Western Slope- Grand Junction, Fruita, Mack, Loma, Clifton, Palisade, Mesa, DeBeque, Parachute, Rifle, Silt, New Castle, Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Delta, Olathe, Montrose, Ridgway, Placerville, Telluride, Hotchkiss, Paonia, Cedaredge